August 22nd is National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day and The Cat Community wants you to help keep your cat healthy with routine check-ups. Did you know that 83% of cats visit the veterinarian before their 1st birthday, but over 50% don’t return until they become sick or are in pain. With regular healthcare, your veterinarian can often detect conditions that may affect your cat’s long-term health.
Why schedule regular check-ups?
- Cats age MUCH more rapidly than humans.
- Cats are masters at hiding sickness and pain.
- Your cat may be overweight and in danger of health conditions.
- During your visit, you can discuss any behavior changes with your veterinarian.
- Preventive care is better than reactive care.