The Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing stress and making visits easier for cats and caregivers. Awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners, the veterinary practice must meet specific criteria in order to become a Cat Friendly Practice®. These Cat Friendly Practices® take extra steps to provide the best care and experience for you and your cat.
You can expect your Cat Friendly Practice® to:
- Understand the unique needs and behaviors of cats.
- Have a feline-friendly environment and make veterinary visits more cat-friendly.
- Understand how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner.
- Have the appropriate equipment and facilities needed to diagnose and treat feline patients.
- Meet specific standards for the facility and care of hospitalized cats.
The Cat Friendly Practice® program is designed to:
- Help reduce stress associated with veterinary visits.
- Improve the quality of care provided.
- Support the veterinary team so that the entire staff is educated and knowledgeable about your cats’ distinct needs and behaviors.
Cat Friendly Practice® Program Sponsors:
Cat Friendly Practice® Program Supporters:
Cat Friendly Practice® Program Endorsers:
© Copyright 2020 International Cat Care and American Association of Feline Practitioners. All rights reserved.
Cat Friendly Practice® is a program conceived and developed by International Cat Care.