These visits are important to your cat’s specific healthcare plan. Your veterinarian will discuss and assess topics such as:
- Environmental enrichment or physical and social surroundings
- Disease and parasite prevention
Why Are Preventive Care Check-ups So Important?
- During the check-up, veterinarians can often detect conditions that may affect your cat’s health long before they become noticeable so they can be managed or cured before they become painful or more costly.
- Cats age more rapidly than we do, so preventive care check-ups are a crucial part of a healthy lifestyle.
- As a member of the family, your cat deserves the best possible care. Together, you and your veterinarian can best decide how to accomplish that by meeting at least once a year to talk about your cat and any changes that have taken place in their life.
- With the information you bring and a good physical check-up, a plan will be created to meet the needs of your cat and the family.
- You are an important member of your cat’s health care team. You can be helpful in helping your cat live a happy and healthy quality of life.
What Your Veterinarian Looks For?
Are you curious about what’s going on during your cat’s yearly check-up? It may seem like your veterinarian is just petting your cat, but she is examining your cat’s entire health and lifestyle during the checkup.
Don’t have a veterinarian? Find a feline practitioner in your area.